Instead of the easiest to implement, both ITO Mobile apps used the method above to collect ratings and reviews.
- We knew the killer feature in our app was viewing of the tax return PDF
- We generate the PDF on the fly
- Due to security concerns around the PDF, it is never stored on device. As soon as you hit the back button, its gone
- This hitting of the back button proved to be a perfect time to ask the user a favor.
- We just delivered the biggest benefit and WOW in the app, and know they are finished for the time being.
- Bring up the NPS (Net Promoter Score) question or even just an internal to your product 5 star question.
- If a detractor (0-6), we apologize and let them vent directly to us via email.
- If a promoter (9-10), we get a little emotional and give them a direct link to rate.
Pure NPS collection, filtered App Store reviews. Intuit gets to put its best foot forward, and customers feel heard.